Thursday, 26 May 2016


I've been playing with the layout of the wallhanging, which at one point was looking rather more tabby than I was aiming for! I still need to make lots of ruffles for the sunrays, and probably some other shapes as well, but I'm going to wait and see how it looks when it comes together.  I think the next job is to get on with quilting the background, then see how it goes.

Monday, 23 May 2016

Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Real colours

I've started making a few samples in the fabrics I will be using on the wallhanging.  There are still a few decisions left to make.

Tuesday, 17 May 2016

So many samples...

My wallhanging sketchbook hasn't closed properly for a while now.  I think I'm getting close to making the real thing now.

Wednesday, 11 May 2016

More samples

Today, I've been trying to make triangles go around curves, burning myself on the iron a lot making continuous prairie points, and doing a lot of paper folding.  I used flattened muffin cases to try some folding techniques because that would work out a lot quicker than cutting a lot of fabric circles.

Tuesday, 10 May 2016

Wallhanging samples

I've been working on samples for the wallhanging. Some have turned out better than others, and I think I've changed my mind about colours.