Tuesday 1 March 2016

Starting again!

I've been thinking for a while about resurrecting my blog to keep track of progress on the projects I'm working on now.  I have two in progress at the moment so now seems as good a time as any!  Today I have been working on the design for an Art Deco inspired wall hanging.  I've been looking at lots of Art Deco, with Clarice Cliff inspiring me the most, so I've been sketching the designs I like the most.  I think the next stage is to try and work out how to create some of the shapes that I like.
Drawing has never been one of my strengths, but I'm learning to enjoy it!! I seem to have put all my round motifs on one page and most of the lines on the other, but it gives me an idea of which designs I like.  I love the circles at the top left, it is based on Clarice Cliff's Red Broth pattern.  I have a vague idea that I could reproduce that using suffolk puffs and felt circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment